The cemetery was created in 1908 by the Chevra Kadisha of Mattersdorf and primarily served as the burial place for spa guests.
The municipality of Bad Sauerbrunn maintains it.
A 2 until Wiener Neustadt Süd, turn onto the S53 continue to Exit Sauerbrunn. Stay on Eisenstädterstraße until the local cemetery.
On a unused part of the (soldier-) cemetery of the municipality Bruckneudorf some jewish grave stones were discovered, that are in good condition and in a seperate area. The IKG did not know about them until January 2012. Historical research is in progress.
The 22,000 m² large cemetery has served since 1842 as a burial site for the Deutschkreutz Jewish community. In 1944/45, 400 Hungarian Jewish slave laborers were killed and buried in a mass grave. In 1991, the cemetery was renovated with funds from the province and the association of former Burgenland Jewish residents.
The Deutschkreutz municipality maintains the cemetery and especially mayor Kölly works on that topic. In 2009, the municipality funded a special refurbishing of the cemetery. The Carl Goldmark museum in the main street 54 was established by the municipality.
Deutschkreutz was – beside Stockerau in Lower Austria – the only municipality that imediatedy signed a contract concerning the care of the cemetery („Pflegevereinbarung“) after the law had been passed. It did not wait for respective recommodations from the Association of Austrian Cities and Towns which are not to be expected before 2012. Therefore, the cemetery Deutschkreutz will be the first one to be renovated in Burgenland.
A 2 – A 3 – S 31 – B 62 turn right in town, through Hauptplatz (the main square). 102 or A 2 – A 3 – Klingenbach (border-crossing) – Sopron- Deutschkreutz.
From 1679–1874, 1125 people were buried in the old cemetery next to the Brothers of Mercy Hospital. In the newer cemetery, 278 have found their final resting place. In his 1922 book, Bernhard Wachstein recorded the gravestone inscriptions of the old cemetery. In 1995, the curator of the Austrian Jewish Museum in Eisenstadt, Johannes Reiss, published a work on the inscriptions.
The Eisenstadt city government cares for both cemeteries.
A 2 – A 3
The 2,900 m² area has 1320 graves. In 1994, the Verein Shalom organized many volunteers to repair the cemetery, provided for the installation of a new gate and handed over the restored cemetery to the custody of the Frauenkirchen municipality.
A 4 to Mönchhof Exit – B 51 to Frauenkirchen
The 2733 m² large cemetery lies, even today, far from the built-up area of the town. Since the mid-19th century, it has also served as a burial ground for the nearby villages of Nickelsdorf und Neudörfl.
The state of the cemetery is bad, urgent appeals to the community were not successful. Because of imminent risks, in 2009, the Vienna Jewish Community (IKG) undertook rehabilitation measures.
A 4 to Parndorf – B 10 to Gattendorf. After the railway underpass, (city limit) turn left (a sign is posted).
During the Nazi period, the cemetery was robbed of its gravestones. To return the area to its cemetery character, the Verein Schalom installed symbolic gravestones and a memorial.
The Güssing municipality maintains the cemetery.
A 2 to Exit Oberwart — B 57 to Güssing city limits (Feuerwehr/firefighting service), turn left into Stremtalstraße, left after 300 meters.
The Kittsee municipality maintains the 11,633 m² large cemetery founded in the 18th century.
It is the only Jewish cemetery protected under the Hague Convention. It needs renovation and entry is not without danger. Because of imminent risks, in 2009, the Vienna Jewish Community (IKG) undertook rehabilitation measures.
A 4 to Exit Parndorf — B 10 to Gattendorf – B 50 to Kittsee On Schanzl.
The Jewish community of Kobersdorf created this 5690 m² large cemetery in the middle of the 16th century. Today, 1200 graves have been recorded.
The state of this picturesque wooded cemetery is of concern. Former residents of Kobersdorf are discussing with the local government about a refurbishment of the cemetery.
A 2 – A 3 – S 33 to Exit Kobersdorf, after the Hauptplatz (main square) turn left into Waldgasse
The oldest gravestone in the 9,765 m² large graveyard dates back to 1729. Up to 1938, 1,747 deceased had been buried here. The Verein Schalom renovated the cemetery in 1994/95 and, among other things, on the northern end of the cemetery constructed an access road and parking lot.
The province financially supports the Jewish community to maintain the cemetery.
A 2 – A 3 – S 31 – B 62 – entering the town at AGIP restaurant – at the Hauptplatz (main square) turn left towards Ritzing.
During the Nazi period, the over 20,000 m² large cemetery was robbed of most gravestones. In the 1960s, a memorial was created from the scattered debris. From the pieces lying around on the ground, symbolic gravestones were erected to preserve the cemetery’s character. At the cemetery’s entrance, the municipality’s history of the Jews ends at the Nazi period.
The municipality maintains the cemetery and plans a renovation during the summer of 2009.
A2 – S4 – B50 – Eisenstädter- / Michael Koch-Strasse – Wedekindgasse.
This cemetery is part of the local municipal cemetery. It was only created in the interwar period.
The municipality has taken over its care.
A 2 to Exit Oberwart, access via local cemetery
The cemetery was created in 1833. The municipality maintains it. In the ruins of the so-called “Kreuzstadels” is the memorial for the approximately 200 Hungarian Jewish slave laborers murdered on the spot in the fall of 1945.
A 2 to Exit Oberwart- Groß Petersdorf – B 63 to Schachendorf before the border left to Rechnitz, on the Hauptplatz (main square) left to MarktNeuhodis, or A 2 to Exit Kirchschlag-B 55 to Lockenhaus – 56 through Gschriebenstein to Rechnitz.
It is the last of the original three cemeteries of Stadtschlaining. Only a few tombstones bear witness to the character of the place.
With support of the provincial government, in 1997/98, the Verein Shalom erected a memorial and fenced in the cemetery.
A 2 to Exit Oberwart, turn in the center to Stadtschlaining, 200 meters after entering the town, opposite the bus stop in the Baumschulgasse